Light and Shadow Lessons | Paper and Digital
Teach basic concepts associated with light and shadow as part of your light and shadow unit. Concepts include transparent, opaque, and translucent materials, reflection, refraction, sources of light, breaking up light, and eye safety.
This lesson set comes with:
- lessons and activities on concepts such as eye safety, sources of light (natural and artificial light), transparency, opacity, translucency, shadows, breaking up light (light spectrum), reflection, and refraction.
- complete directions for each lesson.
- pre-assessment activity to see what students already know.
- photographs of student examples.
- photographs to show set up for some of the experiments and activities.
- student pages and templates.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- two quick quizzes for assessment.
- a digital version for most of the activities. It contains loose text that can be read by assistive technology.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science Unit Light and Shadow
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about the science of light or shadow.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires download to print or access the digital version.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.