Electricity Switches Lessons | Paper
Explore how switches help control the flow of electricity with this demonstration and set of station activities. Your students will be highly engaged in using their critical thinking skills to experiment while making different types of switches. And best of all, you only have to prep a few materials.
This engaging product includes:
- a complete lesson plan.
- station cards for instructions, materials, and clean-up.
- differentiated hints for each type of switch.
- photographs of each type of switch.
- reading passages about switches and Morse Code.
- student answer recording pages.
- possible extension activities.
This product will require students to build circuits.
This product has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 5 Science (Electricity and Magnetism)
This product supports:
- any basic electricity unit
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.