Electricity STEM Challenge | Design an Electrical Game Board | Paper and Digital
Challenge your students to show you what they have learned about electricity by creating a game board that checks the answers to trivia questions using an electrical circuit. For a few minutes to collect materials and explain the project, students will be kept productively busy for hours. Students absolutely love creating their game boards!
This hands-on resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan for two different versions of the activity.
- student planning pages.
- a rubric with suggestions for assessment.
- self-assessment and group assessment pages.
- options for the layouts of the game boards.
- photographs of student examples.
- a few hints to make modifications (without extra prep) for a variety of student needs.
- suggestions on how to integrate this resource into other subject areas.
- American and British/Canadian spellings.
- a digital version of the student pages with loose text that can be read by assistive technology.
This task requires students to have access to electrical components to build circuits. They are not included in this purchase.
This resource has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students. It kept them VERY busy and challenged them.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Electricity and Magnetism
This resource supports:
- any basic electricity unit
- any lesson to build circuits
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click the link inside the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.