Electricity STEM Challenge | Design an Electrical Game Board | Paper
Challenge your students to show you what they have learned about electricity by creating a game board that checks the answers to trivia questions using an electrical circuit. For a few minutes to collect materials and explain the project, students will be kept productively busy for hours. Students absolutely love creating their game boards!
This product is included in our Grade 5 Alberta Science Bundle.
This product is part of our Electricity and Magnetism Bundle.
This hands-on product includes:
- a complete lesson plan for two different versions of the activity.
- student planning pages.
- a rubric.
- self-assessment and group assessment pages.
- options for the layouts of the game boards.
- photographs of student examples.
- a few hints to make modifications (without extra prep) for a variety of student needs.
- suggestions on how to integrate this product into other subject areas.
- American and British/Canadian spellings.
This task requires students to have access to electrical components to build circuits. They are not included in this purchase.
This product has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students. It kept them VERY busy and challenged them.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 5 Science (Electricity and Magnetism)
This product supports:
- any basic electricity unit
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.