Electricity Safety Activities | Paper and Digital
Teach your students about the basics of being safe around electricity with these safety activities including an interactive game that uses Google Slides. Other activities include setting classroom safety rules for experiments and creating posters or mini-books to share what students have learned. It's ready to use in seconds.
This resource is included in our Grade 5 Alberta Science Bundle. It is also part of our Electricity and Magnetism Bundle.
This critical thinking resource includes:
- instructions on how to prepare and play the Google Slides game. The game asks students to navigate through a series of safety questions.
- a link to a Google Slides file.
- extra activities to complete with your class after the game.
- safety quiz.
- loose text in the digital versions that can be read by assistive technology.
Ninja Note: Access to the internet is required to play the game.
This resource has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students. They enjoyed the challenge of making safe decisions (and it was a super easy lesson to start off our electricity unit).
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Electricity and Magnetism
This resource supports:
- any basic electricity unit
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.