Electricity Basics Lessons and Activities | Paper
This set of lessons will get your electricity unit off to a great start. Your students will learn about electricity safety, static and current electricity, open and closed circuits, conductors, insulators, how electricity is produced, resistors, energy efficiency and so much more with only a few moments of prep from you.
This engaging and easy-to-use product includes:
- twelve complete lessons.
- student pages.
- student templates.
- photographs of completed pages.
- reading passages.
- answer keys and suggest answers.
- opportunities to extend topics.
- uses of electricity.
- what electricity is.
- components of circuits.
- open and closed circuits.
- short circuits.
- electrical symbols.
- series and parallel circuits.
- conductors, insulators, and resistors.
- how electricity is produced: hydroelectricity, geothermal, wind power, solar power, nuclear power, coal burning, oil/petroleum, fossil fuels, and natural gas.
- electricity measurements (including reading an electrical meter).
- energy efficiency (reading EnerGuide labels).
This product has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students.
You will need access to electrical components. See the preview for a list of materials.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 5 Science (Electricity and Magnetism)
This product supports:
- any basic electricity unit
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.