Electricity and Magnetism Lessons and Activities | Paper and Digital
Learn about how electricity and magnetism are related to each other through this series of guided, demonstration, and independent experiments. Other than gathering a few materials, these activities are ready to use as soon as you print them.
This engaging resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan for the activities.
- a reading passage about electromagnetism and electromagnets.
- several different experiments that are safe to be done in the classroom.
- student experiment pages.
- a digital version with loose text that can be read by assistive technology.
- suggested answers.
- possible extension activity ideas.
This resource will require students to build circuits. They will need wires, batteries, and light bulbs for the experiments. Students should have some basic understanding of circuits.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Electricity and Magnetism
This resource supports:
- any basic electricity unit
- any lesson about electromagnetism
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click the link inside the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.