Chemistry Reading Passages | Paper and Digital
Learn everything there is to know about classroom chemistry through these simple reading passages that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages or posting a link to the pages. These passages were written to replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
This useful resource includes:
- ten reading passages designed for an approximate Grade Five reading level (though we understand that not all students read at the exact level).
- topics aligned to chemistry learning outcomes so you can use them throughout your unit.
- paper and digital versions are included for each text. The digital version has text that is accessible to assistive technologies.
- simple suggestions to use the reading passages.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Classroom Chemistry
This resource supports:
- any basic chemistry unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.