Chemistry Chemical and Physical Changes Lessons | Paper and Digital
Learn the difference between reversible and irreversible changes along with physical and chemical reactions with these no-prep lessons, activities, and assessments. Everything you need is included and it will only take you moments to prep.
This engaging resource includes:
- three complete lesson plans for States of Matter, Reversible and Irreversible Changes, Chemical and Physical Changes including opportunities to differentiate for your students.
- student pages and handouts.
- student templates.
- answer keys.
- photographs of student examples.
- a set of task cards (paper, Google Slides, and a self-grading Google Forms version).
- a digital review game for chemical and physical changes.
- a review quiz.
a digital version of all the student pages. This version has loose text which can be read by assistive technology.
Other than the internet, no other materials are needed to teach these lessons; however, there are a few places where extra items (like ice cubes) will enhance the lessons.
This product has been classroom-tested with several groups of fifth-grade students. They really enjoyed the Super Matter! activity.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Classroom Chemistry
This resource supports:
- any basic chemistry unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.