Astronomy Reading Passages | Space | Sky Science | Paper and Digital
Learn everything there is to know about space through these simple reading passages that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages or posting a link to the pages. These passages were written to replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
This easy-to-use product includes:
- ten reading passages designed for Grade Six reading level (though we understand that not all students read at the exact level).
- topics aligned to the Alberta Program of Studies Sky Science learning outcomes so you can use them throughout your unit. They include The Universe, Our Solar System, Moons, Earth's Moon, Planets, Stars, Constellations, Day and Night, Seasons, and Space History.
- paper and digital versions are included for each text. The digital version has loose text so it can be read by text-to-speech readers.
- simple suggestions to use the text sets.
- Canadian spellings and metric measurements.
Connect your space unit and language arts with our weekly reader series:
- Canadian Space Tales (this is the bundle of all five weeks)
- Canadian Astronauts
- Constellations (try this one for free)
- Canadian Space Technology
- Space Junk
These lessons align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies for Grade 6 Sky Science
These lessons support:
- any astronomy unit.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.