Health and Wellness Bundle | Paper | Grade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3
Practice or assess your students' ability to create a healthy lifestyle with this health and wellness bundle full of lessons. Students will love these activities that breathe life into their physical health and wellness understanding. These lessons are designed to be quick and easy with no extra prep for you.
This easy to use resource includes:
- complete lesson plans with options for differentiation.
- a variety of activities for group and individual work such as writing, reading, colouring, role-playing, discussing, and collaborating.
- student pages or templates.
- photographs of many of the activities.
- answer keys or suggested answers for all the pages.
- Canadian/British spellings and American spellings. The bottom corner of the pages are marked so you'll know which ones to use.
- Expected and Unexpected Behaviours: setting classroom norms, What are Expected and Unexpected Behaviours?, Thoughts and Feelings, Behaviours and Positive Responses, Why People Behave Unexpectedly.
- Building Positive Relationships: Anti-Bullying and Friendship: What are Friends?, Kindness Begins With You, What is Bullying?, Types of Bullying, Reporting Versus Tattling, Preventing Bullying, Conflict Resolution
- Managing Feelings and Social Emotional Learning: social-emotional learning, Feeling Words, Feeling Targets, How Feelings Feel, What Influences Emotions?, How Big is This Problem?, What is Self-Talk?, Managing Self-Talk, Fight, Flight or Freeze
- Safety and Responsibility: Community Helpers, Container Safety Symbols, Basic Safety Rules (home, school and community), Fire Safety, Personal Boundaries and Consent, Getting Help, Emergencies (in any country), Basic First Aid, Unit review activities
- Wellness and Healthy Choices:, Sleep and Rest, Exercise and Movement, Staying Clean, Healthy Food Choices and Nutrition, Worrying and Stress, Self-image and Self-esteem
This bundle supports:
- any health and wellness class for grades one through three.
Ninja Note: This bundle is currently under revision. We are editing it to add a digital version for all the possible activities and to better align with the new Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum for grades 1-3. We do not currently have a timeline for when this work will be finished. The individual units are not available at this time.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDFs for the entire bundle. This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.