Wellness Choices | Health and Wellness Unit | Paper and Digital | Grade 1 to 3
Help students learn some of the ways they can lead a healthy life by understanding the different choices people can make. Each of these lessons takes less than five minutes to prepare, but it will keep your students busy for weeks!
This set is part of our Health and Wellness Full Year Bundle for Grades 1-3.
This easy-to-use resource includes:
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation that don't take extra time for you to prepare.
- variety of activities including group work, writing, colouring and collaborating.
- background information for sensitive conversations.
- a digital version that uses Google Slides for the reading and writing activities. It contains loose text that can be read by your assistive technology to help support your students.
- student pages and templates in a variety of formats to make differentiation easy.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- student-appropriate scenarios for role-playing and discussions.
- photographs of student examples.
- lesson alignment guide for Alberta teachers.
- Canadian spellings for all the activities.
- lessons about sleep and rest, movement and exercise, hygiene, food choices, Canada Food Guide, food preferences, cultural food connections, hydration, allergies and sensitivities, worrying and stress, personal gifts and self-image, belonging and roles, growing and changing.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 1
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 2
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 3
This resource supports:
- requirements for the Ontario Health Curriculum Grades 1-3
- outcomes for the British Columbia Physical and Health Education competencies for Grades 1-3
- any general wellness lesson or unit.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in that file once it is downloaded to your computer. The link may not work properly if you are in preview mode.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.