Financial Literacy | Health and Wellness Unit | Paper and Digital | Grades 1 to 3
Help students learn about how to be smart consumers by understanding currency, needs and wants, goods and services, savings and how decisions about money are made in this complete unit that takes just minutes to prepare.
This easy-to-use resource includes:
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation that don't take extra time for you to prepare.
- variety of activities including group work, writing, colouring and collaborating.
- background information for sensitive conversations.
- a digital version that uses Google Slides for the reading and writing activities. It contains loose text that can be read by your assistive technology to help support your students.
- student pages and templates in a variety of formats to make differentiation easy.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- student-appropriate scenarios for role-playing and discussions.
- photographs of student examples.
- lesson alignment guide for Alberta teachers.
- Canadian spellings for all the activities.
The topics included in this resource are:
- Canadian currency, coins, bills (bank notes), debit, and credit; ways to pay
- goods and services
- jobs and volunteering
- needs and wants
- saving money; ways to share, spend or save money
- decisions about money
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 1
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 2
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 3
This resource supports:
- British Columbia Physical and Health Curricular Competencies Grades 1-3
- Saskatchewan Health Education Curriculum Grades 1-3
- any elementary class financial literacy lessons.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in that file once it is downloaded to your computer. The link may not work properly if you are in preview mode.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.