Daily Writing Prompts Holiday Bundle | Paper and Digital
Help your students build writing stamina and fluency by giving them a variety of choices for writing about different holidays and celebrations. These no-prep prompts come in a variety of formats so you can use them any way you want. And no matter how you use them, they only take a moment to print or post in your online classroom.
This quick and easy product includes:
- seventeen sets of writing prompts so students can write about different holidays and events throughout the year.
- prompts for Back to School, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Remembrance Day, Diwali, Christmas, New Year's, Lunar New Year, Women's History Month, Valentine's Day, Kindness, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Earth Day, Poetry Month, End of the Year, Holi Festival of Colours
Each set includes:
- teacher instructions on how to use the prompts.
- student genre reference page.
- simple criteria for each genre.
- three formats of prompts: full page, half page, and a Google Slides version so you can use the format that works for you (and your copy budget)
- three prompts for each of the one hundred seventy days (that's 510 prompts) that alternate between narrative, persuasive, expository, and poetry genres. All of the prompts have a choice each day that does not require specific background information about the holiday or celebration.
- a link to a blog post with more ideas on how to use the prompts.
- Canadian/British and American spellings
These prompts are intended as quick writes (10-15 minutes a day) to increase fluency and interest in writing. Please see the preview to learn more.
They were tested in fourth and fifth-grade classes and work great as a start-to-the-day activity or an end-of-day wrap-up.
Students choose which prompt they want to write about and the writing is not assessed.
We also have monthly sets that do not include holidays:
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-September
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-October
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-November
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-December
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-January
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-February
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-March
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-April
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-May
- Daily Writing Prompts-Month By Month-June
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.