Thanksgiving Writing Prompts | Paper and Digital
Help your students build writing stamina and fluency by giving them a variety of choices for Thanksgiving writing. A variety of formats make it easy to prepare and use these writing prompts whether you are teaching in-person or in your online classroom.
This quick and easy product includes:
- teacher instructions on how to use the prompts.
- student genre reference page.
- simple criteria for each genre.
- three formats of prompts: full page, half page, and a Google Slides version so you can use the format that works for you (and your copy budget)
- three prompts for each of the ten days (that's 30 prompts) that alternate between narrative, persuasive, expository and poetry genres. All of the prompts fit with a Thanksgiving theme.
- a link to a blog post with more ideas on how to use the prompts.
- references to Canadian Thanksgiving, but they can work in any country and don't require specific information for Canadian Thanksgiving.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file.
We use these prompts as quick writes (10-15 minutes a day) to increase fluency and interest in writing in our upper elementary classroom.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.