Weather Design a Forecast | Paper
Students will use their critical thinking skills to design and execute a weather forecast for a specific time and geographical area. For a few minutes of prep from the teacher, students will share everything they know about precipitation, weather patterns, and weather measurements to create a possible forecast.
This project-based learning product includes:
- mini-lesson on common forecasting symbols.
- tips and tricks for project-based learning in your classroom.
- options for live or video projects.
- student task pages.
- student planning pages.
- rubric and checklists.
- photographs of student examples.
This product has been classroom tested with several groups of different fifth-grade students and it is always a hit.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Weather Watch.
This product supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school weather unit
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.