Weather Lessons | Clouds | Paper and Digital
Teach your students about the different types of clouds without any prep for you. Students will learn the basics about what makes a cloud, how they are named or classified, and some of the attributes that make each type of cloud unique while completing hands-on activities to make their learning meaningful.
This no-prep resource includes:
- detailed instructions for the teacher.
- student pages and templates.
- photographs of student examples.
- Name That Cloud Task Cards: in paper, Google Slides, and Google Forms (which is self-grading).
- reading passages about clouds and the types of clouds.
- a short quiz.
- answer keys and student examples.
- recording clouds page.
- a digital version with loose text that can be read by assistive technology.
- measurements are included for metric and customary systems.
This resource has been classroom-tested with several groups of different fifth-grade students. They LOVED the Name That Cloud activity.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Weather Watch
This resource supports:
- any weather unit.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.