Chemistry Lessons | States of Matter | Paper and Digital
Learn about the properties of solids, liquids, and gases with these hands-on experiments and lessons. The activities require very little prep, except for collecting things like ice cubes, liquids, clear containers, and other household items, but they will keep your students engaged and learning for hours.
This hands-on resource includes:
- five complete lesson plans for Properties of Matter, Solids, Liquids, Gases, and Changing States of Matter with opportunities to differentiate for your students.
- chemistry experiments for kids.
- student pages and handouts.
- student templates.
- answer keys.
- photographs of student examples.
- a list of recommended materials.
a digital version of all the student pages. This version has loose text which can be read by assistive technology.
These experiments require a few items that you should be able to find in your home or school. Suggestions on how to gather items are included.
This resource has been classroom tested with several groups of fifth-grade students. They really enjoyed the experiments.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Classroom Chemistry
This resource supports:
- any basic chemistry unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.