Wellness and Healthy Choices | Health and Wellness Unit | Paper and Digital | Grade 4 to 6
Identify and make healthy choices with food, water, sleep and exercise. Lessons also include how food decisions are made, food accessibility and ways to stay healthy for life. Students will love these activities that breathe life into their physical health and wellness understanding. These lessons are designed to be quick and easy with no extra prep for you.
This easy-to-use resource includes:
- lessons about vaccinations, healthy eating, exercise, sleep and eating right, hygiene practices, stress and strategies, addictions (drugs, alcohol, tobacco, vaping), peer pressure, self-esteem/self-image and maturing (not reproductive maturity)
nine complete lesson plans with options for differentiation.
- a Google Slides version for the reading and writing activities.
- a variety of activities for group and individual work such as writing, reading, colouring, role-playing, discussing, and collaborating
student pages or templates.
- photographs of many of the activities.
- answer keys or suggested answers for all the pages.
- Canadian/British spellings and American spellings. The bottom corner of the pages are marked so you'll know which ones to use.
- a lesson guide for Alberta teachers.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 4
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 5
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum ©2022 Grade 6
British Columbia Physical and Health Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Physical and Health Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- British Columbia Physical and Health Curricular Competencies Grade 6
Saskatchewan Health Education Curriculum Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Health Education Curriculum Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Health Education Curriculum Grade 6
- any general health and wellness class.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use and to access the digital version.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.