Astronomy Phases of the Moon | Space | Sky Science | Paper
Learn about the Moon, Phases of the Moon, and Tides with this set of lessons that only takes moments to prepare. Everything you need to teach these concepts is included along with background knowledge in case you're new to teaching space or astronomy.
This engaging product includes:
- three complete lesson plans with suggestions for differentiation.
- a variety of activities such as building interactive notebook pages, acting out concepts, doing online research, and recording observations of the Moon in the night sky.
- student pages and templates.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- photos of student examples.
- opportunities to extend learning.
- the Moon: size, composition, and interesting facts.
- Phases of the Moon including Indigenous names for full moons.
- Spring Tides and Neap Tides. Information about diurnal and semi-diurnal tide cycles is included in a reading passage about tides and how the Moon, Sun, and Earth affect tide cycles.
- Canadian Space Tales (this is the bundle of all five weeks)
- Canadian Astronauts
- Constellations (try this one for free)
- Canadian Space Technology
- Space Junk
These lessons align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies for Grade 6 Sky Science
These lessons support:
- any astronomy unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.