Astronomy Solar and Lunar Eclipses | Space | Sky Science | Paper and Digital
Learn about lunar eclipses and solar eclipses with these activities that only take minutes to prepare. Everything you need to teach these concepts is included along with background knowledge in case you're new to teaching space or astronomy.
This engaging product includes:
- a complete lesson plan with suggestions for differentiation.
- a variety of activities such as creating diagrams, creating models, and reading.
- student pages and templates.
- digital versions for most of the student activities. There are some hands-on/in-person activities that begin and end the lesson that are not digital.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- photos of student examples.
- opportunities to extend learning.
- the topics of the umbra and penumbra; lunar eclipses: total, partial and penumbral; solar eclipses: total, annular, partial, and hybrid.
Connect your space unit and language arts with our weekly reader series:
- Canadian Space Tales (this is the bundle of all five weeks)
- Canadian Astronauts
- Constellations (try this one for free)
- Canadian Space Technology
- Space Junk
These lessons align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies for Grade 6 Sky Science
These lessons support:
- any astronomy unit.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.