Plant Growth and Changes | Experiments | Paper
Use this package of plant experiments to show students how plants grow and change. These lessons require very little setup, but you will need lots of plants. They are a great way to give your students hands-on experience with observations and the scientific method.
This hands-on product comes with:
- a complete lesson plan to learn about experimenting and variables.
- student pages.
- answer keys
- over twenty-five possible experiments that test light conditions, temperature conditions, water/moisture conditions, and how leaves impact plants.
- student experiment pages in a variety of formats.
- signage for each experiment.
- photographs of some of the experiments.
- shopping list of materials (mainly access to plants and containers)
- marking guide.
- student self-assessments (in Canadian/British English and North American English)
This product requires access to plants. Some of the experiments can be done with plants you might have around your school, but if you get your hands on a tray or two of bedding plants your students will be able to complete more of the experiments. If you do not have access to plants, this is not the right product for you.
This product requires some experiments to run over several weeks or even months. The actual work time for students is about two hours over two months.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 4 Science Plant Growth and Changes
This product supports:
- any basic plant unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.