Map Skills Unit | Creative Mapping Activity | Paper
Review map skills while getting to know your students through these geography lessons and a cumulative art project that uses map skills. Your planning is done for the next few weeks as your students work and you can even create a fantastic bulletin board for your classroom at the same time.
This easy-to-use product includes:
- lessons on titles, landforms, map labels, cardinal and intermediate directions, the compass rose, relative location, reading a legend, scale, equator, Prime Meridian, longitude, and latitude. These are great for review or introductions.
- complete lesson plans to teach a variety of map reading skills with modifications so you can easily differentiate for your students.
- student mapping pages.
- answer keys.
- a review activity of all the map skills.
- quizzes with answer keys.
- photographs of student examples.
- Canadian/British and American spellings.
- customary and metric measurements.
- a creative and geographical thinking map project to wrap up all the learning in a fun and awesome artistic way. It's perfect for back to school but works any time of year.
- student planning pages for the map project.
- student checklists for the map project.
- rubrics for the art project
- extension activity for the map project.
This task aligns with:
- Canadian Social Studies lessons about geography.
- general geography lessons.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.