Famous Five Drama Circle | Paper
This drama circle teaches students about the Famous Five (or Valiant Five). Louise McKinney, Henrietta Muir Edwards, Emily Murphy, Irene Parlby and Nellie McClung were a group of women who challenged Canadian laws and had women declared persons in the famous Persons Case of 1929.
This engaging activity includes:
- directions for how to run a drama circle.
- a teacher quick guide.
- a set of 40 cards (in colour and ink-saving).
- a set of discussion questions to do after the activity to enhance comprehension and engagement.
This activity aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies for most of Division 2 and 3
This activity supports:
- any lesson about historic women, the women's movement in Canada, Women's History Month or International Women's Day.
The cards contain a reading level for Grade 4+, so be sure you know your students well. Cards contain different amounts of text, so you can differentiate for your students.
Ninja Note: This product requires the buyer to download the PDF, print the cards, and cut them apart before beginning the activity.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.