Decimal Addition and Subtraction to Hundredths | Paper and Digital
Students practice their adding decimals and subtracting decimals to the hundredths place by "buying" items. Give your students an alternative to boring practice worksheets with this Choose Your Own Equation activity which can be used for practice, math stations or assessment and no prep for you.
This engaging product includes:
- instructions for the teacher to run the activity.
- two variations of the lesson: one where everyone starts with the same amount and another where students are given an individual job and starting amount. This makes differentiation easier.
- student pages (in colour and black and white).
- answer key (for lesson variation #1).
- digital menus and colour menus for print .
- suggestions to differentiate for your students.
- 32 individual jobs and starting amounts.
- suggestions for ways students can work in groups or as individuals.
- suggestions for how to have students run the activity more independently.
- Canadian spellings.
- SI Notation meaning numbers are written with a space between place value columns instead of a comma. Example 3 000 instead of 3,000.
- decimal points that are shown as . (not a comma).
It has been tested with students from grades four through six and students regularly ask if they can do it AGAIN! Sometimes we do it again and they pick different things to buy. They LOVE it.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any fractions or decimals lessons.
- addition and subtraction of decimals to the hundredths place.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.