Seasonal Writing Prompts | Paper and Digital
Help your students build writing stamina and fluency by giving them a variety of choices for writing about autumn, spring, winter or summer. A variety of formats make it easy to prepare and use these writing prompts whether you are teaching in-person or in your online classroom.
This quick and easy product includes:
- four sets of writing prompts so students can write about the different seasons.
Each set includes:
- teacher instructions on how to use the prompts.
- student genre reference page.
- simple criteria for each genre.
- three formats of prompts: full page, half page, and a Google Slides version so you can use the format that works for you (and your copy budget)
- three prompts for each of the forty days (that's 120 prompts) that alternate between narrative, persuasive, expository and poetry genres. All of the prompts fit with the seasons, can be used any time of year and do not include specific holidays.
- a link to a blog post with more ideas on how to use the prompts.
Ninja Note: This bundle is a zipped file. You will need to download the file to your computer. It contains 4 PDF files. To access the digital versions, download the PDFs and click on the link in the files.
We use these prompts as quick writes (10-15 minutes a day) to increase fluency and interest in writing in our upper elementary classroom.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.