Saying Numbers Game | Up To Hundred Thousands | Paper
Get students to practice saying four, five and six digit numbers with this easy-to-prepare, quick game. Three different versions can be used for practice or assessment tools at the beginning or end of a unit on place value or representing whole numbers.
This number sense activity includes:
- three different sets of cards: ten thousands, hundred thousands and mixed ten and hundred thousands. Each set has 32 cards.
- instructions to prepare the cards.
- instructions to play the game.
- suggestions to get the most out of your game.
- blank cards so your students can create their own sets.
- Canadian/British spellings.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 30 000 instead of 30,000).
This set aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Mathematics ©2022 Grade 3 Number Concepts
- Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4 and Grade 5
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 N4.1
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 N5.1 (numbers in this set only go up to 100 000)
This set supports:
- any lesson about number sense, place value or saying numbers in the thousands place or greater.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.