Saying Big Numbers Game | Up To Billions | Paper
Get your students to practice saying numbers that include ten thousands, hundred thousands, millions and billions with this easy-to-prepare, quick game. Four different versions can be used for practice or quick assessment at the beginning or end of a number sense unit.
This number sense activity includes:
- four sets of cards: ten & hundred thousands, hundred thousands, hundred thousand & millions, millions & billions. Each game has 32 cards.
- instructions to prepare the cards.
- instructions to play the games.
- suggestions to get the most out of your games.
- blank cards so your students can create their own sets.
- Canadian/British spellings.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 30 000 instead of 30,000).
This set aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4, 5 and Grade 6
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 N5.1
This set supports:
- any lesson about number sense, place value or saying numbers in the ten thousands place or greater.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.