Decimal Operations Activity | Monster Field Trip | Paper and Digital
Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of decimals to the hundredths place value with this exciting, no-prep, and highly engaging activity. It can be done as a whole class, small groups or as individuals and can be used for a lesson, assessment, math stations or as an activity to keep those busy bees working. Just print and go.
This out-of-this-world product includes:
- a complete lesson plan for the teacher with suggestions to differentiate for your students
- instructions for students.
- student pages in both color and ink-saving versions for the printable version and a Google Slides version.
- answer keys.
- equation menus.
- an additional set of word problems that connect to the original activity.
- decimal points shown as a period (not a comma). The decimal is said as "and" when used in a number. For example: 4.65 four and sixty-five hundredths.
- minimal prep for the teacher.
- a fun scenario where your students plan a field trip for a group of monsters. Your students been hired by a travel company to plan a trip around the galaxy for a group of monsters. Students will decide on a destination, lodging, transportation, food and activities for the trip full of monsters! It all depends on whether or not they can determine if they have enough money.
Ninja Note: Your students should already be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers with decimals. This activity practices these skills.
Actual quote from a student: "This is the first time I wasn't bored in math."
This product aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any lesson about multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting decimals.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.