Missing Digits Addition and Subtraction Math Task Cards | Paper and Digital | Grade 4 Grade 5
Solve for unknown variables in addition and subtraction equations with these task cards. Use them for practice, review, or assessment. They only take moments to prep and make differentiation a snap.
This versatile resource includes:
6 different decks of 24 cards each. You can use multiple decks at the same time, making differentiation easy. This set comes with 144 cards.
- Deck 1: 24 cards with missing addends up to 100
- Deck 2: 24 cards with missing addends up to 1 000
- Deck 3: 24 cards with missing addends up to 10 000
- Deck 4: 24 cards with missing subtrahends from 100
- Deck 5: 24 cards with missing subtrahends from 1 000
- Deck 6: 24 cards with missing subtrahends from 10 000
- options to use the cards on paper, with Google Slides or with Google Forms.
- instructions to prepare the paper cards (colour or ink-saving).
- instructions to prepare the Google Slides version.
- Instructions to prepare the Google Forms version (which is self-grading).
- a list of ways to use the questions in your classroom.
different student answer recording options.
answer keys for all the cards.
- Canadian/British spellings.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 30 000 instead of 30,000).
This set aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4
- Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 P4.2
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 P5.2
This set supports:
- any lesson about solving single-variable, one-step equations using addends and subtrahends.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file. It can also be used by printing the paper version.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.