Literature Circles Unit | Paper
Your readers can use this product with any novel at any time of year. This activity emphasizes group discussions by keeping the writing and drawing tasks short and sweet. Your readers can show off their strengths through book clubs with this twist on Literature Circles.
This reading activity product includes:
- instructions to set up your book clubs or reading groups.
- lesson plan on how to teach the various "roles" or each activity with modifications for differentiation.
- student agreements for accountability.
- student pages for each role.
- photographs of student completed pages.
- student reflection and assessment pages.
- rubric for assessment of all student work.
- outlines the connections with the Alberta Program of Studies for Grades 4-6 (for the Program of Studies before 2022).
Your budding artists, writers, and future politicians will all have the chance to show off their finest skills. Finished projects make a great bulletin board!
This product aligns with:
- English Language Arts outcomes across Canada
- a love of reading by focussing on conversations and creative ways to express what has been read instead of "assignments."
We use this activity several times each year. Once you teach all the roles, it can be used throughout the year as a whole class or small group activity.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.