Learning Pit Drama Circle | Perseverance | Paper
This low-prep drama circle encourages a Growth Mindset by teaching your students about The Learning Pit. This low-prep drama activity is for back to school, having fun, and trying out acting skills in a low-risk performance environment.
Drama circles are similar to readers' theatre activities where students read small sections of text. They encourage listening and reading fluency. Best of all, they require only moments to prepare, but students are engaged and learning for an hour or more.
This engaging activity includes:
- directions on how to run a drama circle.
- a teacher quick guide.
- a set of 40 cards (in colour and ink-saving versions).
- a set of discussion questions to do after the drama activity.
- a variety of reading difficulties and amounts of text on the cards so you can differentiate easily for your students.
- a few blank cards if you need to change the language on a card.
This activity aligns with:
- Alberta Physical Education and Wellness Curriculum (C)2022 for Grade 4, Grade 5 and Grade 6
This activity supports:
- any lesson about growth mindset and learning to overcome learning challenges.
Want to learn more about The Learning Pit? Read this blog post.
Ninja Note: This resource requires downloading the PDF, printing the cards, and cutting them apart before beginning the activity.ty.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.