Holi Festival of Colours Reading and Writing Activities | Paper and Digital
Use these Holi reading and writing activities to learn the reading comprehension strategy of Print It, Paraphrase It, Picture It, for note-taking while exploring the Hindu Festival of Colours. It is ready to use as soon as you download or print it.
We created this product to help our students learn about Holi around the world after finding limited information available at a suitable reading level for students.
This reading and writing product includes:
- three separate reading passages that explore the customs and traditions of Holi as celebrated in India, Nepal and Suriname
- a complete lesson plan to work through each of the readings and supplemental activities.
- most of the activities include a digital version.
- suggestions to modify for your students.
- student pages with photographs of examples.
- a variety of graphic organizers to help you differentiate for your students
- 5 days of writing prompts (persuasive, expository and narrative) with topics about different traditions in paper and digital formats.
- simple assessment activity.
- extension activities.
- suggested booklist.
- a link to a connected blog post.
- resources list with a link to a blog post and art project.
- both Canadian/British and North American spellings.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.