Francophone Celebrations in Canada | Le Fête nationale du Québec Saint Jean Baptiste | Paper and Digital
Introduce students to the French Canadian celebration of Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day or La fête nationale du Québec with these French class activities that take minutes to prep. Students will read simple French texts to learn French vocabulary that represents this celebration which takes place in Quebec each June.
This product is designed for French class as all the student materials are in French.
This French product includes:
- a complete lesson plan with detailed steps for every activity. Plans are written in English with examples written in French for teachers.
- a Google Slides version for most of the activities.
- background information about the celebration and words used in the activities.
- three texts about the celebration written in simple French.
- ten optional activities that can be used to deepen French understanding, vocabulary, and grammar. Opportunities to write, research, and draw are included in these activities.
- student practice pages.
- student reference pages.
- French vocabulary words which can be used in a pocket chart, on a whiteboard, or hung on the wall.
- photographs of student examples for some of the activities.
- answer keys or suggested answers.
- lessons designed for French as a Second Language (FSL) classes. They are designed for beginner French learning.
This product is meant to be used with students who can already read and write in English and are learning beginner French. It is not intended for French Immersion classes.
These activities were designed to align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies FSL for Grade 5-8
These activities support:
- any upper elementary or middle school French class with students who can already read basic English.
- French Canadian French is used. See note below.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Les textes en français de ce document sont écrits d’après les rectifications de l’orthographe recommandées par le Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). Pour plus d’informations veuillez consulter le site suivant: www.orthographe-recommandee.info
The French texts in this document are written using the new French spelling recommended by the Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). For more information please consult the following website: www.orthographe-recommandee.info