Canadian Money Math Task Cards | Paper and Digital | Grade 4 Grade 5
Practice or assess your students' ability to count Canadian bills and coins, count up to specific amounts, and make change with these task cards. Use them for practice, review, or assessment. They only take moments to prep and make differentiation a snap.
This versatile product includes:
3 different decks of 24 cards each. You can use multiple decks at the same time, making differentiation easy. In each of the decks students are asked to find the value of a set of coins and bills, determine how much more money is needed to reach an amount, and make change from a specific amount and price.
- Deck 1: 24 cards values up to $100.00
- Deck 2: 24 cards values up to $500.00
- Deck 3: 24 cards values up to $1 000.00
- options to use the cards on paper, with Google Slides or with Google Forms.
- instructions to prepare the paper cards (colour or ink-saving).
- instructions to prepare the Google Slides version.
- Instructions to prepare the Google Forms version (which is self-grading).
- a list of ways to use the questions in your classroom.
- different students answer recording options.
- answer keys for all the cards.
- Canadian/British spellings.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 3 000 instead of 3,000).
This set aligns with:
British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
This set supports:
- counting different Canadian bills and coins.
- adding and subtracting decimals to the hundredths place.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file. It can also be used by printing the paper version.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.