Asian Heritage Month Drama Circle | Paper
Learn about Asian Canadians and the different ways they have contributed to Canada through this easy-to-prep Asian Heritage Month resource that celebrates different accomplishments.
Drama circles are similar to readers' theatre activities where students read small sections of text. They encourage listening and reading fluency. Best of all, they require only moments to prepare, but students are engaged and learning for an hour or more.
This engaging activity includes:
- directions on how to run a drama circle.
- a teacher quick guide.
- a set of 40 cards (in colour and ink-saving versions).
- a set of discussion questions to do after the drama activity.
- a variety of reading difficulties and amounts of text on the cards so you can differentiate easily for your students.
- a few blank cards if you need to change the language on a card.
- Canadian/British spellings. No American spellings are included.
This activity supports:
- any lesson about Asian Canadians.
- learning about Asian Heritage Month.
- Canadian history lessons.
Ninja Note: This resource requires downloading the PDF, printing the cards, and cutting them apart before beginning the activity.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.