Alberta Science Grade 5 Year Long Bundle | Paper and Digital
Spice up your science class with these activities and resources that will help your student define vocabulary, experiment, learn and challenge their thinking. These lessons were designed to minimize preparation work and time and they are a hit with the students that have done them! You won't even need to look for any other resources because everything you need to teach ALL year is here!
This bundle of ready-to-use lessons includes:
- complete lesson plans with modifications for different learning needs.
- student pages with answer keys or photographs of examples.
- task cards to practice concepts.
- experiments to learn concepts.
- opportunities for reading and writing, drawing, role-playing, project-based learning, critical thinking, and creative thinking.
- materials lists for units that require experimentation and building.
- advice, tips, and suggestions from our students.
- with so many lessons, you will not need anything else for your school year.
Support materials included are:
- flashcards (editable to add more words with your students) which include definitions for each unit.
- word wall words (editable to add more words with your students) for your displays for each unit.
- review games for each unit.
- reading passages for each unit.
- Boom Cards for some of the concepts.
While this bundle says it is complete, we will continue to update the activities or add pieces where appropriate.
This product includes:
- Creating Crystals, STEM Challenges, Acids and Bases, Reading Passages, Properties and States of Matter, Mixtures and Separation, Chemical and Physical Changes, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game.
- Basic Lessons, STEM Challenges, Switches, Safety Activity, Circuit Diagram Posters, Electricity and Magnetism Lessons, Design a Gameboard, Reading Passages, Electricity Circuits Task Cards, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game.
- Precipitation, Clouds, Climate and Patterns, Wind Speed and Direction, Clothing and Fabric Tests, Design a Forecast, Design a Weather Instrument, KWL Chart, Reading Passages, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game.
- Roles of Wetlands, Plant Zones, Threats and Conservation, Life Cycles, Wetland Types and Descriptions, Biotic and Abiotic Interactions, Adaptation Boom Cards, Physical and Behavioural Adaptations, Ecosystems Around the World, Organisms and Food Chains, Flashcards, Reading Passages, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game.
These products align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science: Classroom Chemistry, Electricity and Magnetism, Weather Watch, Wetland Ecosystems
These activities support:
- most Canadian science units
Ninja Note: This product is currently under revision. The future update will include more digital versions of the activities.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.