Alberta Science Lessons Grade 4 Year Long Bundle | Paper and Digital
Plan your whole science year in minutes with these engaging and easy-to-prep lessons. Your students will love these student-tested activities while challenging their thinking, problem-solving, experimenting and learning.
When you purchase this full-year bundle, you essentially get one whole unit for free!
This bundle of ready-to-use lessons includes:
- complete lesson plans with modifications for different learning needs.
- student pages with answer keys or suggested answers.
- photographs of examples.
- task cards to practice concepts.
- experiments to learn concepts.
- STEM activity to learn and practice concepts.
- opportunities for: reading and writing, drawing, role-playing, and project-based learning.
- creative and critical thinking activities.
- materials lists.
- advice, tips, and suggestions from our students.
- reading passages.
- so many lessons! You will not need anything else for your school year aside from project materials.
Support materials included are:
- flashcards (editable to add more words with your students) which include definitions for each unit.
- word wall words (editable to add more words with your students) for your displays.
- review games that use Google Slides.
- Boom Cards for some of the units.
- collaborative posters.
This resource aligns with the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science:
- Basic Lessons, Light and Shadow Inspired Art Projects, Boom Card Review, Flashcards, Word Wall, STEM Design a Light Device, Reading Passages, Interactive Review Game, Sources of Light Collaborative Poster, Unit Plan (only available in bundle).
- Basic Lessons, Experiment, Which Machine is This? Boom Cards, Which Machine is This? Task Cards, STEM Challenges, Design a Carnival Attraction, Task Cards Review, Reading Passages, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game. Collaborative Poster, Unit Plan (only available in bundle).
- Basic Lessons, Design a Plant, Plant Cells, Communities, Experiments, Growth Observations, Classification, Plant-Inspired Art Projects, Special Needs of Plants Task Cards, Reading Passages, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game, Collaborative Poster, Unit Plan (only available in bundle).
- Basic Lessons - The Rs of Waste, Types of Waste, Methods of Disposal, Waste Reduction Plan, Recycled Art Projects, Biodegradability, Biodegradability BOOM Cards, Reading Passages, Flashcards, Word Wall, Interactive Review Game Waste Reduction with the Rs Collaborative Poster, Unit Plan (only available in bundle).
These activities support:
- many Canadian science units
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files. Download the ZIP file and extract the PDF files to a computer. To access the digital versions, download the PDFs and use the link in those files.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Ninja Note: We often get asked if we will update this bundle for the new Alberta curriculum. If more than half of the lessons can be reused with minimal modifications, then we will update the bundle. If more than half the lessons need to be changed, we will have to start from scratch. Once the new curriculum is finalized we will be able to make some decisions and think about a timeline for completion.