Canadian National Parks | Fact or Opinion | Paper and Digital
Our students needed practice learning the difference between facts and opinions and we wanted to use some of the content from our social studies units, so we designed a product that discussed Canada's National Parks and their importance to the sustainability to Canada's environment.
This fact and opinion activity includes:
- a scoot-style game where students can go around your classroom to decide if the twenty-four task cards are facts or opinions.
- a Google Slides version so you can use this activity digitally.
- complete instructions for the activities with modifications included so you can differentiate for your students.
- a fact sorting activity.
- fact-finding mission (research activity).
- inquiry activity about the sustainability of Canada's National Parks.
This lesson aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Social Studies
Ninja Note: Each activity is a separate piece. They work together, but they can be done consecutively or you can pick and choose the ones that work best for you.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.