Alberta Provincial Parks | Fact or Opinion | Paper and Digital
Our students needed practice learning the difference between facts and opinions and we wanted to use some of the content from our social studies units, so we designed a product that discussed Alberta's Provincial Parks and their importance to the sustainability to Alberta's environment.
This fact and opinion activity includes:
- a scoot-style game where students can go around your classroom to decide if the twenty-four task cards are facts or opinions.
- a Google Slides version for most of the activities.
- complete instructions for the activities with modifications included so you can differentiate for your students.
- a fact sorting activity.
- fact-finding mission (research activity).
- inquiry activity about the sustainability of Alberta's Provincial Parks.
- a persuasive writing activity.
- each activity is a separate piece. They work together, but they can be done consecutively or you can pick and choose the ones that work best for you.
This lesson aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Social Studies
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.